Monday, January 26, 2009

Why I'm a stay-at-home mom.

Today is one of those days where I am reminded why I'm a stay at home mom.  My son has no school today.  He didn't have any school last Monday.  He has a least one day off next month. 

You get my point. A lot of days where he's not in school. My husband works from home when he's not telecommuting to San Jose, but that doesn't mean he can take time out to get our son to the doctor, playdates, and the like.

Based on what I was getting paid when I was working, it would not be cost effective to go back to work.

Plus there's the tumor thing.  My future's uncertain at best, but apart from that, anyone who would hire me would be getting someone with a serious head injury and all that entails--aphasia, fatigue, inability to multi-task. I could go on.

Simply put, cancer has forced me to de-clutter my head.  Only one thing at a time can fit in there now. It's easier to focus on the job of being a parent, than trying to do that job, plus another outside the home.

My hats off to those who do both.

No comments: