Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Bruce!

Tomorrow is my husband's 49th birthday.  We will celebrate it by having a small group of people over to watch the Super Bowl.  My husband calls Super Bowl Sunday the "holiest day of the year." He plans to get himself a golf toy for a present.  We'll see.

I am one of these weird people who like to honor birthdays, perhaps because I personally feel lucky to have one. True, it can be hell to get old, but do we really want the alternative when there is so much more life to live? I know what my answer is.

So I will pay tribute to another year of life for my husband-- a man who loves me despite everything-- and whom I love despite everything--a fun guy to be around, who brought me out of the shell I was in for so many years--a smart man to a fault--and my partner in life.

May we get to grow old together and enjoy sandy beaches in the Caribbean for your 50th!

No comments: