Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our Sad New Addictions.

Ever since the New Year started, I've been deep into the abyss of Facebook. I've been hooking up with some old colleagues and classmates.  Every five minutes I write down my status.

For example:
Eden just farted
Eden just added her husband as a friend
Eden just went to the doctor

You get the idea. Then friends write stuff to me like:  How are you?  I have to say "Well, I'm doing pretty well, save for the hole in my head--And you?"

Meantime, my husband and son can't get off the computer because of W.O.W. or World of Warcraft, a popular role-playing game.

These past couple of weekends we have found ourselves together in the same room, but not interacting at all. Some might consider that family bliss. I'm thinking it's time to go cold turkey  and purge ourselves of our addictions.

Time to reach out and touch someone--for real.  It really is more pleasant than staring at a CRT.



No comments: