Monday, February 23, 2009

What Did I Do Today?

I seriously had a brain hiccup so big this afternoon, that I couldn't remember what I had done earlier. This is called short-term memory loss my friends. I can remember my favorite teacher from 20 years ago, but not what I had for lunch. On a really bad day I can't say the word "lunch".  Sometimes I call my nephew by my son's name and vice-versa.

So I'm writing this post to remember what I did today:

I got up early so I could greet the concrete guys who are paving our crawl space.  

I took my son to school.

Then about 8:30 a.m. I was called to volunteer at the hospital, as three other volunteers had called in sick. By the way, I think if my volunteer job were a paying job, I would have been fired in my first week, but that's for another post.

At about 1:00 p.m. I clocked out from the hospital, and went to my favorite place on earth--the grocery store. Again, a subject for another post.

I think it was around 2:15  p.m. I got home. Upon arriving, I noticed that the concrete guys were still there and blocking our driveway, as well as those of our neighbors. I parked a few houses away and did a brief march in the rain to bring the contents of the car inside. I hadn't had lunch yet, so I quickly put the groceries away, and warmed-up leftovers. 

Afterward, I get briefed on my husband's workday.  He's working at the kitchen table, on account of the concrete guys making noise downstairs, where he usually works.

Then our son, alias "The Bird",  graced us with his presence.  I don't know if it's a pre-teen thing, but he doesn't dress for the weather. It was POURING today, so he came into the house drenched head to foot, because he didn't want to wear a coat.  If you think he learned anything from his natural consequence to his lack of common sense,  you don't know The Bird.

My big dinner for the family was breakfast--blueberry waffles. Then I took my son to martial arts class. Now it's time for me to do dishes.

It's my world, and you're welcome to it.

No comments: