Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Night of 1000 Dreams.

 I never sleep through the night, and I'm lucky if I ever get to the sleep stage where I can dream. When I dream, though, the dreams are as random and wacky as my head.

Lately, my dreams have found me back at work in a television newsroom. But in these dreams I'm struggling, because I know nothing about the news business. I'm not sure if  this means I want or need to go back to work. I think Freud would say that I'm subconsciously lamenting not living up to my full potential in my past career.

So I had one of those dreams for what seemed like five minutes last night, then awakened to my cat sleeping and purring on my head. When I went back to sleep, I dreamed I was pregnant.  It was a very vivid dream.  Strangely, my "pregnant" belly looked bigger when I lay down than in a side profile. Those around me were marveling at the miracle of my conceiving a baby, when they thought I couldn't.  To top this off, in the dream I was almost due with a healthy baby.

Then again I woke up, thanks to the cat.  I can't remember if I went back to sleep.

No comments: