Monday, February 9, 2009

Time for a Tune-Up.

It's been two weeks since I got these hearing aids, so today I went in for a follow-up; to see how things are going, and also to turn up the volume on them, as it were.

They remind me of contact lenses, they are reasonably comfortable, but after awhile, I have to take them out.

As far as sound goes, I don't know how to describe it--part cave--part megaphone. Frankly I was hoping for better for the $1800 they will cost us after insurance, but I was told that the sound would never be perfect, and to be patient.  That's me all over.  I've got all the time in the world--nothing better to do but play doctor.

By the way, I am hands-down the youngest client at the ear clinic that furnishes me with my "contact" ears.  I'm only 42, but I've decided that's in Eden years. You know, like the term "dog years". Forty-two years for me is the equivalent of 82 regular human years.

From now until May, I will be checking in with all my docs (and I have quite a few).
I hope they remember to thank me when they by their next car, or hit the links.

Sorry if that sounds bitter.. Remember I'm an 82-year-old woman, who still looks like she's 8-years-old.

No comments: