Monday, August 25, 2008

What I want to do when I grow up

The best conversations with kids happen in the car. Example:  I was driving my son and his friend to a laser tag place.  My son, still on his B.O.C. (Blue Oyster Cult) kick assumes his friend will want to hear them too.

I turn B.O.C. down when I hear the following exchange:

Son:  You know what I want to be when I grow up. Okay, either an Olympic fencer, Olympic fencing coach, or somebody who runs a D&D (Dungeons and Dragons) shop. What do you want to be when you grow up?

Friend responds: I want to be either a policeman, a pilot or a Tae Kwon Do master.

Me:  You want to be a pirate?

Friend:  No, a pilot-- or a policeman or a Tae Kwon Do master.

By the way, they both agree that they like the B.O.C. song E.T.I (Extra Terrestrial Intelligence).  

It figures.

No comments: