Wednesday, March 11, 2009

World of Warcraft and Reefer Madness

My husband and I went out to lunch today, a rare treat, when he begins to tell me a little of his World of Warcraft adventures that kept him up late the previous night.

He says something like, "I've found out it's not just nerds who play W.O.W."

I'm anxious to find out what this other sub-group is.  Before I can ask, husband says, "Yeah, this guy me and Bill were playing with stopped us, because he said he had to go roll a doobie."

doobie=joint

Then my husband explains this player had to "roll a J" about four times during their four hour session.  Whatever it takes to get into the fantasy realm, I guess. Reading a book sometimes works for me, but I'm not like most people.

I see (our friend) Bill later, and Bill says, "I thought that's why they invented pipes."

"The man has his priorities," I say.  "But maybe you're right, he should learn to multi-task.

Have I mentioned that I'm not a huge fan of World of Warcraft?

No comments: