Sunday, March 22, 2009

Leaving Crumbs Much Too Small For The Other Who's Mouses.

I don't get it. In my little family of three, it seems no one wants to take responsibility for eating the last morsel of something--be it chips, peanut butter, or fruit.

We have the infamous bag, sack or carton that appears to be full, or at least not empty. The result: I don't put said item(s) on my grocery list, only to come home and find out that I should have bought it, as evidenced by the big bag of small potato chip crumbs, or the shampoo bottle with just a drop in it.

Post-its  and white boards are my salvation. I try to make notes to myself, every time I have a thought,  and place them where I can see them. I'll write notes to my son right on the fridge whiteboard to remind him of his homework.

 Still this is not enough. I must constantly triple check, re-iterate, and forget things to the point where I feel like the mythical person who was condemned to pushing a rock up a mountain, only to have it roll back down, just as it was nearing the summit.

Was I that bad?

2 comments:

Teresa said...

You need to read Love and Logic for Teens...a great book about teaching responibility...Love and Logic works on husbands too!

Eden Jones said...

Thanks! It may be too late to work on my husband, but you never know!