Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sprite's smells

I'm starting to lose track of time, but I think our kitten Sprite is about five months old. Despite how young and cute she is though, she can emit smells even a cow can't produce. Truly my mind boggles.

I never watched the show "Friends" but I saw Monty Python's Eric Idle once say how much he liked the "Smelly Cat" bit with the Lisa Kudrow character and Chrissie Hynde (The Pretenders). 

Here's one version of the song, done 80s video style.

Here's another, kind of done Pretenders style, but set to funny pictures of cats.

Ever since we adopted Sprite, I've been singing the song out loud, sometimes to her. It's also reminded me of a scene in the "Kentucky Fried Movie" that parodies an old cat litter commercial.  I found the clip from the movie but I can't link to it, as it was taken off You Tube pending a copyright dispute.  But the parody went something like this:   A woman prepares for her friends to come over.  As she opens the door, each makes a comment about the smell in the house:

Fried fish for dinner again?

Harry still smoking cigars?

Christ! Did a cow shit in here!

I think it would actually smell better if we had a cow in the house. Love Sprite. There is nothing like the unconditional love (and smell) of a pet.


No comments: