Saturday, October 4, 2008

Walk of Life

Today I, along with hundreds of others walked 5km to raise money to find a cure for brain tumors. I captained a team I called "Eden's Army".   My sister had about a dozen visors made with the team logo. I would not be here today without the support of my family.  They give me the will to live, and keep me laughing. So without further adieu, I give you the team members:



My sister Marie

My mother Karen


My mother and my Aunt Viv, who came a long way to walk with me!


Mom, me and Aunt Viv


Tina and Steve Estrada (no relation to actor Eric Estrada). Tina has the same tumor as me, and they both go to a local brain tumor support group I attend.   They are good people!



Tina, me and Steve
Me with the Brain Tumor Support Group Team--The Cranium Crew! They know more about me than they ever wanted.  



Me with the crew again!

This  year I raised about $660 dollars for brain tumor research.  I plan to keep doing this walk, even when some poor person has to push me in a wheelchair!

Today was a great day to be alive!



No comments: