Thursday, October 2, 2008

A moral dilemma

My son, at age 10, is having girl problems.
He says to me, " Mom, I have another person I like."
I say, "What do you mean?"
"I mean, LIKE, LIKE"
"Besides 'J'?"
"Yes," he says
"Who?"
"K," He responds.

Just so we're clear, I'm only using the first initial of the young ladies in question. It turns out the difference between "J" and "K" is that "K" may "LIKE, LIKE" him back; whereas,"J" thinks that they are too young to be even discussing the matter. Nevertheless, she remains a loyal friend.

My son tells me that he doesn't want to have to choose between "J" and "K".  I think this a good sign. After all, let's face it, some boys (and girls)  like their "J" and "K", and every other letter of the alphabet. I'm glad that my 10 year old isn't a "swinger".

I must have "that" talk with him, before he changes his mind. I hope I live to be a grandma, but that does not mean I want my son to start early.

No comments: