The thing is, as much as I would like to, I can't make myself feel better about my illness, let alone someone else. My perspective is that of a patient, not a caregiver. Every day I do the best I can to work with what brain power I still have left, and compensate for what I don't have.
I have had a tendency since before my illness, and certainly now, to go negative and think about the things that suck, but especially since I am dying, such thinking is counterproductive. So from here on end I will try to adapt an attitude of I DON'T CARE...as in:
- I'm not jealous of someone who seems better off than I am
- I don't care that someone called me fat and ugly 25 years ago
- I don't care what someone else thinks of me
- I don't care that my career was short
- I don't really care that I'm dying but I would like to control the timing of my passing
I hope I am successful in this endeavor.