Monday, May 25, 2009

A weekend at the beach.







Every year for the last four years or so, we have taken a trip to Newport over Memorial Day weekend, as part of our son's birthday celebrations. Almost every year he has liked it--going to the aquarium, playing in the sand, swimming.


I love it because one of my favorite things to do is take long aimless walks on the beach. Of course, it can get rather windy, so during my walks, I had the wind and my back, and my face. My jacket felt like a windsock, and I was the kite.




I think that's part of the reason Austin didn't like Newport so much this year--too windy on the beach. Also we didn't go with another family like we did last year, so he had no other kids to play with. Just us.


He did, however, like taking pictures at the Oregon Coast Aquarium  the Wax Museum, and Ripley's Believe It Or Not.


In the end he was just exhausted. And we were too. 
 I think next year, we'll visit another part of the Oregon Coast, and bring some friends. 


Next up: Austin's birthday and laser tag!

No comments: