Thursday, May 7, 2009

Friends of Mine

I attend a support group for people with brain tumors. Have been since November 2006. Funny thing about brain tumors--they are most often fatal. I think of friends  of mine in the group who weren't as lucky as I.  I would like to take this time to pay tribute to them:

Mike
Halli
Sara
Eric
Pam

Meantime I have some people I feel close to, who are very sick. Which brings me to my point and question:  Should we be afraid to get close to someone because we are afraid to lose them?

One of the members of the support group, who has since passed away, stopped going because she was getting personally attached to other members who died.

A dear friend of our family, who passed away from a different type of cancer, also found it hard to go to her support group, lest one of her friends had died.

But I want to keep reminding my brain buddies how much I care for them, and give them whatever support I can. 

They are all good people who have had something really bad happen to them.

No comments: