- He was born to his birthmother, with me about six friends of hers in the room.
- My husband was asked to wait outside, so he brought a science fiction book. I ran back and forth with updates.
- We named our son Austin, because it was a name we and our birthmother could agree on.
- She gave him his middle name "Kyle".
- Our birthmother got a phone call right before Austin was born (and still took it).
- The nurse handed Austin to me before his birthmother.
- Austin was born naturally.
- Austin got to stay with his birthmother a few days before we brought him home.
- He was 8 lbs. 5 oz. at birth.
- He's now over 90 pounds and taller than his mom.
Other important dates this month:
June 3: Dad's 72nd birthday;
June 11: Our 15th wedding anniversary;
June 16: 3 year anniversary of my brain cancer diagnosis;
June 27: 3-year anniversary of my awake craniotomy to remove (most of) said cancer;
June 30: I'm a little fuzzy on the date of this one because I was in the hospital when it happened, but on (or around) this date a very dear friend of the family died suddenly.