Sunday, December 6, 2009

In the Christmas spirit

Come the first of the year, the Jones family begins its journey to the poor house, but I feel more in the Christmas spirit then ever. The husband, not so much, because he gets a high from material things.

We were having a conversation about what to get our son. Bruce suggests getting him a Play Station. I say no to this for a variety of reasons: He has a Wii, and a bunch of games to go with it, including Rock Band, plus has the best computer in the house that he is on way too much. In short, the boy has enough electronics. Austin himself has said he wants nerf toys, but my husband insists on getting one, and sometimes two, big ticket items. And if he can't than Christmas isn't fun for him.

Well the husband is still without work, and I am disabled, so this year we are going to have to get by with enjoying food, family and friends.

I, for one, am fine with that.

No comments: