Saturday, January 9, 2010

If I Were a Celebrity

It's amazing what becomes important to the media when you are celebrity. One need only look at all the stories about Tiger Woods' alleged sex addiction, pictures of whatever Lady Gaga is, Angelina Jolie's lips, or her baby bump. So it is with this in mind that I offer some ideas about what the media would cover about me, if I were a celebrity. Some potential headlines:

Eden Jones has brain tumor, uses that as an excuse for her strange behavior on Letterman;

Eden Jones gets breast reduction, after injuring her eyes;

TMZ has pictures of the dimples on Eden Jones's rear end;

Eden Jones, not pregnant, just fat;

Eden Jones's fashion no-no: black bra under white shirt;

And my personal favorite would be:

Thousands request refund for boring Eden Jones sex tape.


Honestly, I can't believe I ever studied journalism. What has happened to it? The comedy shows do news better than some news outlets, in my opinion. And the news shows are opinion shows, with a token opposing one thrown in, and squashed like a grape.

I remember watching a clip of a certain CNN broadcaster, who was covering the "balloon boy" story. And just as the interview was getting good, the broadcaster said goodnight and good luck. Unbelievable! I will always be an advocate for various sources of news. There are some stories that broadcast media can cover better than print. And I like online news for the variety, but the reader may or may not be getting facts.

And so it goes.

No comments: