Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sweet Home Alabama?


So, at this point there is about a 75 percent chance that we will be moving to Alabama, because my husband has a hot job lead there. The funny thing is, it's for an Oregon company. Anyway I'm a Pacific Northwest girl all the way, so if we do move, I will have to make some adjustments. In anticipation of these, I am making an Alabama List, a list of things I might want to learn, or do, before I go:

  1. Melt my Neil Young CDs, because a Southern Man don't need him 'round anyhow;
  2. Grow my Lynard Skynard collection, because they sing "Sweet Home Alabama";
  3. Ask for Coke, even if I want a Pepsi;
  4. Practice hurricane evacuation procedures;
  5. Lean to like iced tea;
  6. Learn to like grits instead of potatoes;
  7. Learn to screen in our porch if we have one wherever we live there;
  8. Try catfish;
  9. Teach my husband to like Gulf shrimp;
  10. Never say, "Hey you guys!"
  11. Wear nicer clothes;
  12. Get bigger hair;
  13. Go to church?
  14. Find a good cancer hospital;
  15. Learn to say, "I'll just die if I don't get that recipe."
I don't want to move. Oregon is home and my family is here. There is a part of me that hopes my husband does not get this job, but sometimes are choices are made for us.

No comments: