In what I believe is a misguided attempt to ease congestion around the mall, developers have done just the opposite, creating a very narrow roundabout, at which nearly no one yields, and school buses struggle to navigate.
However, in the interest of "research", I visited one of the first shops to open there, a nail salon called Moda. Here were the positives about my experience:
- I could walk there.
- I sat in a chair that massaged my back as my toes were being scrubbed and painted.
- Getting both a pedicure and manicure there was cheaper than where I usually go.
- The staff was friendly and did a good job.
- The place wasn't that busy when I went, and nail salons seem a dime a dozen, so I don't know if Moda will stay afloat, or if it's presence will help the property values of the neighboring cluster of houses.
- If the business does succeed, there still is the issue of congestion and noise, and how that might affect the neighboring homes.
Next, I plan to try the coffee shop at the "village".